“We could drive back and forth across the country and never run out of ‘Baby’ songs.”
I was privileged enough to see an advanced screening of Baby Driver last week and let me tell you, this is a damn good movie. On average, I probably see a movie a week (sometimes 2 if I am feeling greedy), and this, by far, has been my favorite movie this year. There is so much to like about this film. Without trying to spoil this film for anyone else, I have listed my reasons for why you should SEE this movie:
- The Soundtrack: Have you ever watched a film without listening to the musical score/soundtrack? Try it sometime when you’re at home. Music greatly changes the energy of a movie, and the soundtrack for Baby Driver is no exception.
- The Action Sequences: As I am sure you can tell by the commercials or any synopsis you have read, Doc (Kevin Spacey) regularly assembles teams to commit heists but always keeps one constant – Baby (Ansel Elgort). The audience witnesses several adrenaline-inducing, heart-pumping sequences that will have you on the edge of your seat…and all complete with a soundtrack, of course. 😉
- The Cast: Bravo to anyone involved with casting in this film. Everyone shines from top to bottom. I was perhaps most impressed by Jon Hamm, who plays Buddy. (Sidebar: What do Jon Hamm fans call themselves? I hope they have a clever name like Hammerheads, Hamm Sandwiches, or something.)
- The Story: Edgar Wright wrote & directed this film (although I believe the late Jan Kerouac wrote the novel back in the 80’s?), and I was hooked from start to finish. The whole movie flows very well, has a nice balance of heart & action, and I was extremely invested in multiple characters.
This film has been getting rave reviews, and it isn’t hard to see why. Some girls will flock to see this because of Ansel Elgort, others are loyal Spacey fans, and perhaps the Hammer Pants will come out (I think I like that name best)…but you should absolutely see this because it is an incredible film. If you do see it and don’t like it, please tell me why!
I totally went MIA this week, but with good reason, I promise. I will be back next week, and these are some of the things I’ll be covering:
- PLL Finale (I can’t believe it’s here!)
- Book of Henry review (yeah, it’s a little delayed…)
- Baby Driver review (just saw this! So excited to share!)
- New Tuesday Tip
And much more!
Have a fantastic weekend and have as many adventures as possible (because life is too short not to)!
I did not have time to write a real post today; however, I walk by this every day and it makes me smile every day. You’re welcome.
Check back tomorrow evening for my review of The Book of Henry!
I am so excited that you have stumbled upon my page. There are so many definitions for the term “fangirl,” but I prefer this one, as listed on Urban Dictionary:
fangirl, n. (playful, good-natured): a female fan who can laugh at their own passion for their particular interest (or even obsession).
By this definition, I am a fangirl. I am passionate about many topics in pop culture – film, television, sports, Broadway, & celebrities, just to name a few – and I want to share my ridiculous depth of knowledge (and fandom!) with you. In addition to discussing all of my favorite things, I want this blog to serve a few additional purposes:
- Collaboration: I am a fangirl about many things, but there are several topics I know little about / are not my area of expertise (for example, the Kardashians…or fashion). I want this website to be a place where anyone can unleash their inner fangirl or fanboy, so I welcome guest bloggers!
- Tips, Tricks, & Advice in NYC: I love living in NYC, and I take full advantage of what this city has to offer. I want to share that information with you! This might come in the form of how to get free tickets to movie screenings, how to battle the SNL line, or where to find discount tickets to a Broadway show.
Ultimately, I want this to be a source of enjoyment for others. Nasty comments will not be tolerated. So please, look around, read up, and if you have something to share, speak up!
PS – This website will be under major construction as I get started, but I don’t want that to keep me from writing! Please be patient as I continue to learn & grow as a blogger! Thx!